DbI was founded because of a number of national organizations working in the field of deafblindness recognised the value of sharing information and ideas more widely. They wanted to connect to support service development across the world. Others have joined the original group and they include schools, associations, institutions, companies and voluntary organizations.
Corporate members, numbering about 60, provide the foundation for the work of DbI and play the key role in its direction and management. Their representatives are elected to the Board and the Management Committee. It is the will to work together and the organizational capacities of the corporate members that create the spirit and impact of DbI.
Connect with us: Help make a difference for people with deafblindness worldwide and join us now as a corporate member!
There are three tiers of corporate membership, depending on the size of the organisation and the membership fee paid:
- Large Corporates: Annual Fees ranges between 3000 Euro and 5,000 Euro
- Small Corporates: Annual Fees ranges between 300 Euro and 1,500 Euro
- Mini Corporates: Annual Fees between 100 Euro and 250 Euro. Mini Corporate membership is available to interested organisations from the World Bank list of HIPC and LIC countries – Heavily Indebted Poor Countries.
Give us your hand – become a member
Being a corporate member of DbI means enjoying all benefits of individual members AND:
- Having a chance to be directly involved in DbI’s management and development as an elected member of the Board and/or of one of its committees
- Cooperating with other specialized organizations on an international level for awareness and recognition of deafblindness as a unique and distinct disability, for inclusion, quality services, the needed specialized competence of the professionals, focused research and further improvements in assistive technology
- Learning from and with other specialized organizations for your own