Deafblind International is growing rapidly and we have many new members. So it is important that we know each other better with the use of simple and funny tools.
We are launching a service for meeting and communicating with DBI members around the world – DBInternationalBot. To use it, go to AppStore or GooglePlay and download Telegram for free (a messenger similar to What’sUp, the icon looks like a blue square with the white paper plane on it). While filling out your profile, don’t forget to put a name in the profile (e.g. @JohnSmith), so that the system can find you.
Now you are all set to start looking for your communication buddy. The bot will find it for you among the DBI members, in accordance with your interests and suggested topics to discuss so that you can meet and talk online or offline for a cup of coffee.
You will meet new people and, for example, video chat with friends you already have to discuss news or movies, have lunch or coffee break, or talk about more serious matters, such as research projects or ways to assist the deafblind people across the world.
How it works:
1. Go to https://teleg.run/DBInternationalBot and answer some questions. You can always change your profile using /profile command (type it in the message string).
2. The bot @DBInternationalBot will give you a fridaymate.
3. Arrange a call with your fridaymate in Slack, Zoom, Skype, or another video communication service, and video chat. You can also make calls through Telegram (it has this function just like WhatsUp).
4. In the middle of the week, the bot will ask how you are doing. If your schedule changes, you can skip the meeting or get another pair.
5. Every week bot will ask if you want to participate again.
We want to thank our partner friday.software for creating such a great bot for us. Friday power-ups Slack, Telegram, and Microsoft Teams to help HR’s boost corporate networking fasten onboarding, and improve training programs/