DbI Communication Ambassador: Call for Action
DbI’s newly formed Communication Committee (DbI ComCom) is reaching out your help!
We expect an Ambassador to take DbI’s communication to the next level by leveraging your knowledge and expertise in this area. As the old saying goes, it takes a village.
We assume that an Ambassador has well established communications with local, regional and maybe national media, an inspiring website and/or an involving social media presence. We believe that these resources could help us to spread the word about deafblindness, quality services and DbI all over the world.
What are the responsibilities of a Communication Ambassador:
- Assist DbI in ensuring that its social media posts are reposted on your organization pages within a short period of time (1-5 business days).
- Assist DbI by ensuring access to your media network and sharing DbI press releases and communication with your media network within a short period of time (1-5 business days).
- Assist DbI by having the key contact keep his/her ears to the ground to assist in sourcing regional news and information that could be shared with DbI membership and can be posted on DbI pages.
- DbI would be grateful to have the key contact act as an ambassador and connector within their geographic area.
- Organizations serving as DbI Communication Ambassadors will receive the official DbI Communication Ambassador Logo to be used freely in all of their communication. You will have your finger on the pulse of DbI’s communication and be fully informed about worldwide developments in our field. Your organization will have a presence in the upcoming short film about DbI’s Communication Committee ComCom. In addition, twice a year you will be invited to join an online meeting with ComCom to discuss the collaboration and the further development of DbI’s communication.
Help us to make a difference for people with deafblindness worldwide and join us as a DbI Communication Ambassador! We are looking forward to your answer.
Please reach out directly to Roxanna Spruyt Rocks about your interest at email@example.com.
Mary Maragia — Deafblind Unit Kilimani Integrated Primary School (Kenya), firstname.lastname@example.org
Victor Locoro — Kyambogo University (Uganda), email@example.com
Sampada Shevde — Perkins India, firstname.lastname@example.org
Namita Jacob — Chetana Trust (India), email@example.com
Hassan Currimbhoy — Chetana Trust (India), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane O’Keefe — Able Australia, email@example.com
Matthew Wittorf — Senses Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Evans — Senses Australia, email@example.com
Meredith Prain — DeafBlind Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frances Gentle — International Resource: ICEVI-Network, email@example.com
Richard Kramer — Sense (UK), Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Eugenio Romero Rey — ONCE (Spain), email@example.com
Trees van Nunen Schrauwen — Kentalis (Netherlands), T.vanNunen@kentalis.nl
Mirko Baur — Tanne SF (Switzerland), firstname.lastname@example.org
Deirdre J. Leech — Anne Sullivan Centre (Ireland), email@example.com
Darija Udovicic Mahmuljin — Perkins Director, Darija.Udovicic@Perkins.org
Julia Mayorova – Con-nection (Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisabeth Schuetz — Sense International (UK), Elisabeth.Schuetz@sense.org.uk
Julien Mast — CRESAM French National Centre for Deafblindness (France), email@example.com
LATIN AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN
Ricardo Zevallos — Sense International (Peru), firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn Sanchez — Chile, Carolyn.email@example.com
Graciela Ferioli – Argentina, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Elena Nassif – Argentina, email@example.com
Valeria Franco – Argentina, firstname.lastname@example.org
Benita González Reyes – Ministerio de Educación de la República Dominicana (Dominican Republic), email@example.com
Kaique Fermiano Manuel – Brazil, firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Manahan — DeafBlind Ontario Services (Canada), email@example.com
Sam Marren — DeafBlind Ontario Services (Canada), firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Madho — DeafBlind Ontario Services (Canada), email@example.com
Chris Woodfill — Helen Keller Centre (USA), firstname.lastname@example.org
Samantha Gaspar — Sensity (Canada), email@example.com
Raul Gutierrez — ASOMAS (Asociacion Mexicana Anne Sullivan IAP) (Mexico), firstname.lastname@example.org
Isabel Galindez — ASOMAS (Asociacion Mexicana Anne Sullivan IAP) (Mexico), email@example.com
Ana Paola Rodea Saldivar – Mexico, firstname.lastname@example.org
Martaelena Ramirez – Mexico, email@example.com
Yvette Gallegos Barro – Mexico, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alma Lorena Leyva Luna – Center Specialized in Multiple Disabilities and Deafblindness (Mexico), email@example.com
Maria del Carmen Schleske Morales – Center Specialized in Multiple Disabilities and Deafblindness (Mexico), firstname.lastname@example.org